Complexions

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Lies and suffering

I'm sick of it! I am SICK of Satan's lies ripping my family apart!! My family is already in pieces, and after the events of late, the pieces are bound to be more and more ravaged.

I often long for the days of my youth and of ignorant bliss when I knew no imperfection in my loved ones, when everyone got along, or so I thought. It's just not the same anymore, and family and home do not hold the same meanings as before.

It doesn't help that almost no one in my family is a Christian. They follow their own ways and are easy prey to the seductive lies the world whispers in their yearning ears. I guess we can all fall, given the right circumstances. Just in this particular situation, I can see more clearly than most the truth behind the deception because I lived it, too.

I wanted so badly to be wanted, needed, and loved that I sold my soul for the world's inferior and twisted version of love. I bought it hook, line, and sinker. But, by God's mercy and grace, I came out on the other side with the experiential knowlegde that love is so very blind when you are the object of your love. What I mean is that when we want a love to satisfy our own longings, instead of to glorify Christ, almost any halfway decent person will do. We will lower our standards, we will stay in situations any objective person would know to get out of, we will tell ourselves lie after to lie to justify our decisions and to make them make sense.

It is a shame how many girls and women feel they have to run into the arms of a boy or man to feel loved and whole, complete. I was one of those girls once; I know that longing that never seems to be satisfied. I think probably 99% of us aren't shown the kind of love and adoration by our fathers that tells us we are worthy to be loved and that we deserve only the best, no second-rate, ripped off version of it. So we run out to look for it, anywhere, everywhere.

And even more sadly, many never find it. They never come to know the kind of love that Jesus offers. The kind that isn't given based on your looks or personality or what you can do for Him. The kind that doesn't ask everything and offer nothing. The kind that doesn't decide He fell out of love and is tired of trying. The kind that says, "I love you not matter what, and I will always love you. You can never do anything to make Me stop loving you. You are a precious and beautiful dove. Fall in love with Me, and you will have life abuntantly. My love is extravagant, and I can't wait to show you it's healing tenderness. Come after Me, and I will come after you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home